Go Back   HTCGeeks Forum > Gaming > Pocket PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter !!!

Notices

Old 03-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Graphics Designer/Beta Tester
Cell Phone Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Smartphone: HTC Incredible
Pocket PC(s): Dell AXIM X51v WM6.1 Lenny's newest and best release (whatever that is at the time)

Drakey83 is on a distinguished road
Facebook Profile
Default Quake III for X51v no pagepool edit or hardware upgrade needed!

Quake III Arena CE v1.1b w/mem mod

Requirements: PocketPC 2003(SE), WM5, WM6 - X51v/X50v for sure, feel free to test it on others.

Overview: Quake III Arena or Quake 3, abbreviated as Q3A or Q3, is a multiplayer first-person shooter computer and video game released on December 2, 1999. The game was developed by id Software and featured music composed by Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly. Quake III Arena is the third title in the series and differs from the previous games in the Quake series in that it excludes the normal single-player element, instead focusing on multiplayer action. The solo experience in Q3 is arena combat versus AI opponents, in a similar style to Unreal Tournament.

More Info:Found a new update/mod for Quake III Arena that allows you to play it on your X51v without needing the PPCTech RAM upgrade. FPS are around 15-20, sometimes it stutters but it’s very playable, there is now no need to change page pool size, and the bots’ intelligents seems to have been improve greatly as well. I would like to thank jaikben for his help and info on this update for Q3CE.

Code:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=16610
Download Instructions: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

Click on the download link, download .rar file, unzip files, put the Quake 3 folder on your SD or CF card, and then simply go to SD Card(or CF Card)\Quake 3 and click on the Quake 3 icon to play, it's as simple as that!
Dell Axim X51v (I'm In love with it!)- Lenny's newest WM6.1 ROM whatever that is at the moment, SENA blue and black extended battery leather case, Extended Capacity Battery 2200mAh, SanDisk 2GB SD Card, & a Kinston Technology 8 GB, 133x Ultimate Compact Flash Card!

Last edited by Drakey83; 03-24-2008 at 02:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Drakey83 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links

Protected by Akismet
Blog with WordPress
Old 03-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Site Supporter
Cell Phone Carrier: sprint
Regular Phone Model: lg lx-160
Pocket PC(s): dell x51v

ricjaywhit is on a distinguished road

Tried the link and it doesn't work. Any place else I can download this from..

Rich
Old 03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Pocket PC(s): Dell AXIM X51v WM6.1 Lenny's newest and best release (whatever that is at the time)

Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjaywhit View Post
Tried the link and it doesn't work. Any place else I can download this from..

Rich
Sorry about that man, try it again. I accidently posted it using a double post, and it messed it up. I was in a big hurry trying to leave for school.
Dell Axim X51v (I'm In love with it!)- Lenny's newest WM6.1 ROM whatever that is at the moment, SENA blue and black extended battery leather case, Extended Capacity Battery 2200mAh, SanDisk 2GB SD Card, & a Kinston Technology 8 GB, 133x Ultimate Compact Flash Card!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Site Supporter
Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Regular Phone Model: Razor v3i

marathondon is on a distinguished road
Question How to Exit Quake III

I found that a soft reset was the only way I could stop a game. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:13 PM

V3nn3tj3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathondon View Post
I found that a soft reset was the only way I could stop a game. Am I doing something wrong?
yes ... just go to quit ...

also this game is very playable on internet (as i told Drakey83 1 week before he posted this post). ping are stable and around 150-230 (but stable 215) fps are good on some maps others not ...
to get addons and PB working just put the PB folder and the mod folder in the root of the game (so were exe is) (found this out myself)

Greets V3n
Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Site Supporter

Question Still Having Problems With Stopping Program.

I would love to select quit but for some reason there is no button combination that I can find to make it come up. The program takes about 4 minutes before the play screen appears. I've gone into setup and ajusted the sound levels to the half way point. I lose sound at the start of the game. I'm using WM6.0 #4 and I loaded the game to a 16gb SD card. Is there anything that sounds obvious in my setup that can be causing my problems?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Facebook Profile

Quote:
I would love to select quit but for some reason there is no button combination that I can find to make it come up. The program takes about 4 minutes before the play screen appears. I've gone into setup and ajusted the sound levels to the half way point. I lose sound at the start of the game. I'm using WM6.0 #4 and I loaded the game to a 16gb SD card. Is there anything that sounds obvious in my setup that can be causing my problems?
Did you change your key configuration? By default the menu button is always the WIFI button so if you mapped a key over that I donít know how to get your menu button back since there is no option for it under controls. Id either do one of two things if this is the case, Id either do a completely uninstall and then reinstall the game, or id mess with the button config until I unmapped the WIFI button possibly bringing it back to its default menu status. Never had this happen before so IM not 100% sure if this will work. As for the game taking 4 min to load, Iíd have to say that is a small price to pay to have a working copy of Quake 3, Iíve been trying to find a copy of quake 3 on my AXIM since the day they Release the game. I'll gladly wait whatever I have to if it means I get a chance of checking out those sweet graphics. Also there might be a way to optimize it to go faster, but I can't figure it out, but the page that tells you about doing it is written in Russian. I donít speak Russian so everything Iíve learned so far has been through a very loosely translated version of the page through Google translate, So if anyone knows how to speak Russian and can figure out how to make this game work faster/better/quicker/ect. Please feel free to let me know how and ill re upload a new version.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Site Supporter

Question No Sound?

Thank you Drakey for the WiFi instructions. I just didn't know that was the magic button that triggered the menu. I'm still losing sound once I fire my weapon. I noticed that setup indicated it was set on high quality sound, but when I select the program shuts down.

PS: The mention of startup time was only for trouble shooting information in case this was unusual to some one who wasn't experiencing any problems. I too don't care how long it takes if I'm able to play Q3 on a pda.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Site Supporter

Default Q3 Setup

I would like to direct my question to Drakey. I read that your still able to play the game using Lenny's new OS6.1_Beta1.5 where for some reason my result is a frozen picture of the game when starting the game. Let me describe my setup: I just installed Lenny's OS without adding any additional programs. I've tried various size SD cards as well as using both Fat and Fat32 formatted cards. I clean the card and only copy the Q3 folder to it. My results are always the same. I even went as far to only copy the files to the SD card without being in the folder. I've had the CPU set at AUTO and maximum 624 just to see if that would change the results. I even went as far as turning off all the Today apps. I tried a CF card both 1gb and 8gb, but still had the same problem. It appears that you have a 2gb Sandisk SD which would generally be formatted FAT. Are you even using the SD card and if so what is the format being used? Do you only have the Q3 game on it. I'm assuming that you left page pool where Lenny set it at. I just want to mirror image all your setup steps to see if I can trouble shoot where I'm getting into trouble.

PS: Something new I needed to add. I was watching the loading sequence and observed it gets into trouble with the awaiting snapshot. Sometimes it just freezes at a scene snapshot and others it appears to change a scene with various color variations while during the game introduction gun rotates one increment at a time (I seem to be able to exit the later condition). Do I have to make some video adjustment? I don't touch anything when starting the game, I even leaving sound alone.

Your setup info would be very much appreciated since I'm pulling my hair out over this one. Thanks again.

Last edited by marathondon; 03-31-2008 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: New Discovery
Old 03-31-2008, 02:04 PM

Facebook Profile

Quote:
I would like to direct my question to Drakey. I read that your still able to play the game using Lenny's new OS6.1_Beta1.5 where for some reason my result is a frozen picture of the game when starting the game. Let me describe my setup: I just installed Lenny's OS without adding any additional programs. I've tried various size SD cards as well as using both Fat and Fat32 formatted cards. I clean the card and only copy the Q3 folder to it. My results are always the same. I even went as far to only copy the files to the SD card without being in the folder. I've had the CPU set at AUTO and maximum 624 just to see if that would change the results. I even went as far as turning off all the Today apps. I tried a CF card both 1gb and 8gb, but still had the same problem. It appears that you have a 2gb Sandisk SD which would generally be formatted FAT. Are you even using the SD card and if so what is the format being used? Do you only have the Q3 game on it. I'm assuming that you left page pool where Lenny set it at. I just want to mirror image all your setup steps to see if I can trouble shoot where I'm getting into trouble.

PS: Something new I needed to add. I was watching the loading sequence and observed it gets into trouble with the awaiting snapshot. Sometimes it just freezes at a scene snapshot and others it appears to change a scene with various color variations while during the game introduction gun rotates one increment at a time (I seem to be able to exit the later condition). Do I have to make some video adjustment? I don't touch anything when starting the game, I even leaving sound alone.

Your setup info would be very much appreciated since I'm pulling my hair out over this one. Thanks again.
What does the screen look like when it freezes? Does it have a lot of weird color textures all over? Opps I guess I should of kept reading your post.... The reason I asked is because I managed to have that happen to me before, I think I did it when messing with my config. The only way I know how to do it is uninstall it off your computer and reinstall it from the website. I have mine on a Fat 32 8Gig CF Card X133 card. I'll look into it more when I get home; I honestly didnít try to play the game when I loaded it I only tried to see if it would work, so ill write back more later. If you try re-downloading (which is the only thing I know to suggest) you should write me back on here and tell me how it worked, if that doesnít help we might just have to wait for Lenny to come out with a new WM6.1 or re-flash to the old one.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Site Supporter

Default Q3 Update

Hi Drakey83 thanks for your feedback. I have pretty much already covered the steps you suggested and still having problems. I went as far as changing the pagepool from 5 to 3, but that's not the cause as you probably already knew. There was mention of the .netcf file in the 6.1 forum, but my knowledge level of PPC OS'es is very weak. Something certainly has changed because it did work for me when I used WM6.0 AO4 #3. I love Q3 and the idea of being able to play it on a PPC without memory ugrade was exciting, but I guess it's time to put Q3 in the back burner for now.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM
baracus2k

i have the same problem... freezes at the 'awaiting snapshot' screen
Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 PM

Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracus2k View Post
i have the same problem... freezes at the 'awaiting snapshot' screen

Yep, doesnít work for me either on Lenny's new 6.1 ROMs for some reason, I temporarily switched to Makuu's new 6.1 Rom and the problem is solved. Itís a short term fix until Lenny figures out the problem in his ROM, It not a permanent change because I like lennyís ROMs better, but I gots ta be able to play me some Quake 3.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
baracus2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey83 View Post
Yep, doesnít work for me either on Lenny's new 6.1 ROMs for some reason, I temporarily switched to Makuu's new 6.1 Rom and the problem is solved. Itís a short term fix until Lenny figures out the problem in his ROM, It not a permanent change because I like lennyís ROMs better, but I gots ta be able to play me some Quake 3.
ill wait for the final wm6.1 before flashing again... quake 1 mobile works fine tho
Old 04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
baracus2k

could you try call of duty 2 or the demo for it on makuu's rom?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM
AximX51v Beta Tester
Cell Phone Carrier: Orange
Regular Phone Model: HTC Desire
Pocket PC(s): Axim X51v

DJUnreal is on a distinguished road

Makuu's rom is dangerous. Well, one of his versions is anyway.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to leave phone modules in a rom for a non-phone pda is just silly. I'm told the boot time on that rom is much longer (because it's trying to load phone hardware that doesn't exist), and personally, I think it's a silly idea to try it.

Just my 2p's worth.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahtan4ik View Post
i have palm treo 700wx 1gb memory sd card i unzip game go to game folder click on Q3CE and its not working why?
Cause you have a Palm and the post clearly states that this game is only for Pocket PC.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM

Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJUnreal View Post
Makuu's rom is dangerous. Well, one of his versions is anyway.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to leave phone modules in a rom for a non-phone pda is just silly. I'm told the boot time on that rom is much longer (because it's trying to load phone hardware that doesn't exist), and personally, I think it's a silly idea to try it.

Just my 2p's worth.
Yeah I agree Id rather use lennys ROM but its my only option right now.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:33 PM
AximX51v Beta Tester
Cell Phone Carrier: ATT
Regular Phone Model: Razr
Pocket PC(s): Dell Axim x51v, Dell Axim x50v, HP iPaq hx2755

Kevin1a is on a distinguished road

It runs for me. I had to disable all the today plugins and set the CPU speed to MAX.

My problems are with the sound and controls.

No sound.

If I try to move the charcters, freelook works great, but only the right directional key moves the player. When I try to edit the key configuration it won't let me assign the arrow keys

Is there a config file for the controls? Something I can edit before starting the game? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:21 PM
AximX51v Beta Tester
Cell Phone Carrier: ATT
Regular Phone Model: Razr
Pocket PC(s): Dell Axim x51v, Dell Axim x50v, HP iPaq hx2755

Kevin1a is on a distinguished road

Update: I managed to make the controls playable by using the app keys rather than the D-Pad, but this is not condusive to mass PPC pwnage like it would be if I could use the dpad.