Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Regular Phone Model: Motorola Razer
Smartphone: motorola Q9H
Pocket PC(s): Axim X50v Axim X5

allenorsheila is on a distinguished road
Default WM6.5 for axim x50v Working 100%

http://rapidshare.com/files/31495390...E_lite.nb0.zip <--------------- don't use,this one does works good however this one is better
http://rapidshare.com/files/31540024...E_lite.nb0.zip <-----------i recommend this one

Lenny all the work is done IR CF SD WIFI Bluetooth even battery life is improved

i have this working on my x50v working 100% only thing is the internet explorer is not 6.0,,, so its not 100% but more like 98% but it works and works fast

i have also attached 2 programs that make it even better

RDP Remote Desktop Pro,,,,, i like connecting to my windows 7 desktop computer with it also lets me use my computer on the go
SkyFire browser,,,,,,, this is a very good browser includes Java, Flash, Shockwave, ECT.....

also i would like to here form everyone that gives this a try so post a message here and let everyone know how much you love this ROM
Attached Files
File Type: cab Skyfire-PPC.CAB (693.6 KB, 286 views)
File Type: cab MS_RDP_v6.5.cab (764.5 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by allenorsheila; 12-11-2009 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Added new link at the top of post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allenorsheila For This Useful Post:
betatest (03-07-2013), tabatt13 (12-10-2009)
Sponsored Links

Protected by Akismet
Blog with WordPress
Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM

also before any one ask this is not my ROM nor am i taking any credit for it i just found it and put it here for all of my friends in the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to allenorsheila For This Useful Post:
tabatt13 (12-10-2009)
Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Cell Phone Carrier: Verizon
Smartphone: HTC Incredible
Pocket PC(s): Dell Axim X51 & X51v

tabatt13 is on a distinguished road
Facebook Profile Twitter Profile

I don't have an X50v, but this sound like a big deal for you guys. Hope It's as good as it sounds!

P.S. You should really try to find the Chef and give his name, as he should get all the credit and be thanked!

Last edited by tabatt13; 12-10-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
AximX50v Beta Tester
Cell Phone Carrier: Plus GSM
Regular Phone Model: SE k800i
Pocket PC(s): Dell Axim x50v, Acer n30 (and PSP, thought it's not a PPC)

freedomsarge is on a distinguished road

It's Makuu's A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(21876) WWE.

More about it can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593539
The Following User Says Thank You to freedomsarge For This Useful Post:
tabatt13 (12-10-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 02:46 AM
makuu

Here is a copy of the original first post. I've published 2 classic roms but I actually have 2 more PRO. IE6 is removed because it cannot fit in the rom (the x50v rom is smaller than the x51v). Also IE6 is really slow so I suggest to use an alternative browser.

[X50V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device

My First thanks to Maglite and Football. Maglite was the first to release a custom rom for the x50v, he was the one with Football to explain me about xip & xipport, when I registered to 4pda.ru. I must also thank dking that is always there to solve my issues with the 2700g drivers, he is also from 4pda.ru (the forum that makes you regret that you didn't practice russian enought after learning it at school).

These roms share the same kernel than the x51v's one and are directly derived from them. They are stricly for x50v, the one from the x51v are located here .

This thread is actually a continuation from this one, where I have also released a rom with the last WM6.1 build (dated sept 2009), that like those WM6.5 rom also offers finger scrolling feature. This thread is especially dedicated for 64 Mo devices.

Status of the roms:

Roms (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWE
features:
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
To add any other WM6.5 feature to the A10 rom try to use x51v A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
--This branch has magnifier feature and new contact management.
This rom have a default page pool value of 4.8 Mo and will boot with more than 25 Mo free running with Titanium.

Roms (5574) 5.2.21876 WM6.5.x com2 ("Stylus UI"): classic lite release
A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(21876) WWE
features:
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
To add any other WM6.5 feature to the A10 rom try to use x51v A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
The roms has a default page pool value of 4.8 Mo. The A11 rom will boot with more than 30 Mo free running with Titanium, you'll get more than 32 Mo if you disable Titanium. You can get even more if you tweak the rom.

(nota) IE6 Mobile is removed from all those roms. UC will install Office Mobile (+ locksreen dpi for 5CFA), and will kick with filesys.exe after reset, You'll have to wait 5 minutes to start benefit the full speed rom (when filesys goes down to 0% of cpu).

You can only flash your x50v with these roms, if your device is running WM5 aku 2.3.1 or higher. If you attempt to flash over a WM2003 bootloader, you will brick your device.

If you like my roms I hope you will make a small donation.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
betatest (03-07-2013)
Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Default icons

makuu

just wondering what plug-ins your using in the bottom two pics in your screen shots with the large icons i am trying to find the large battery icon

just wanting to know what i have to do to make my WM6.5 look like the bottom two pics you have posted

thanks

Old 12-11-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenorsheila View Post
makuu

just wondering what plug-ins your using in the bottom two pics in your screen shots with the large icons i am trying to find the large battery icon

just wanting to know what i have to do to make my WM6.5 look like the bottom two pics you have posted

thanks

NEVERMIND I GOT IT i was useing the wrong one 21876 not 28002 MY BAD everyone don't download the one i posted download the 28002 from makuu's post
ITS BETTER

Old 12-11-2009, 07:38 AM

makuu

did you say you have a pro ver of this if so would you post a link to it or something i would love to use it rather than the classic PLEASE let us know

thanks

Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Harbinger

Default Pro...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenorsheila View Post
makuu

did you say you have a pro ver of this if so would you post a link to it or something i would love to use it rather than the classic PLEASE let us know

thanks
Does the Pro version include smartphone functionality? If not, what's the difference?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Cell Phone Carrier: Verizon
Smartphone: HTC Incredible
Pocket PC(s): Dell Axim X51 & X51v

tabatt13 is on a distinguished road
Facebook Profile Twitter Profile

To talk with makuu or ask questions you are better of going to XDA Developers Forum where he posts all his work. Here is a link to his Public Profile. You can get links to all his threads from here also:http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=309381
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 PM
ctny

Default works great!

1/18/2010, installed the (5CFA) version of the WM6.5 ROM w/o any problem. The OS is surprisingly responsive, much faster than WM6.1. The interface is kind of finger-navigation like the way IPOD photo-flipping works. A bit different than the standard windows look-and-feel. (Is this the default WM6.5 or tweaked by author, anyone knows?) Installed TomTom with a Bluetooth GPS, works great!

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
ctny

Default rom flash instruction

In case someone does not know how to flash rom, here are my notes from other posters:

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.

2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset

3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.

4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.

5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Here is the way to get into the SD Image Loader on the first try (as one try is all it should take!). This is meant to supplement MagLite's directions (step 2 through 4):

Step 1) Press and hold the Power Button + WiFi (Hardware) Button

Step 2) While holding those two buttons, QUICKLY PRESS AND RELEASE the Reset Button on the back of your Axim. The "press and release" is for all practical purposes a simple "tap" of the reset button. NO NEED TO HOLD THE RESET BUTTON IN FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. NO NEED TO PRESS THE RESET BUTTON MULTIPLE TIMES.

Step 3) Continue to hold the Power + WiFi buttons until you see the white screen with a blue "banner" at the top which states the SD Image Loader version

Step 4) Once you see the above screen, release all buttons and the ROM image from your SD card should be listed on the screen

Step 5) Press the Center Button (this is what is referred to as the "Action Button" or "Action Key") on the D-Pad (front directional pad on your Axim) TWICE QUICKLY

Step 6) Sit back and wait for your device to flash with the ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
betatest (03-07-2013)
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
ctny

Default works great again

1/22, installed (5574) version of WM6.5, works great also. This is closer to the WM6.1 interface. Feels very quick. installed TomTom with a bluetooth GPS.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:25 PM
mp998

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskosuperstar View Post
Dear, allenorsheila
Could you please upload ROM with WM6.5 for Dell X50v to other filehosting like depositfiles.com?
yes please do but make sure it is the stylus UI one.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 PM

bobtannica is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctny View Post
In case someone does not know how to flash rom, here are my notes from other posters:

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.

2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset

3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.

4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.

5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Here is the way to get into the SD Image Loader on the first try (as one try is all it should take!). This is meant to supplement MagLite's directions (step 2 through 4):

Step 1) Press and hold the Power Button + WiFi (Hardware) Button

Step 2) While holding those two buttons, QUICKLY PRESS AND RELEASE the Reset Button on the back of your Axim. The "press and release" is for all practical purposes a simple "tap" of the reset button. NO NEED TO HOLD THE RESET BUTTON IN FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. NO NEED TO PRESS THE RESET BUTTON MULTIPLE TIMES.

Step 3) Continue to hold the Power + WiFi buttons until you see the white screen with a blue "banner" at the top which states the SD Image Loader version

Step 4) Once you see the above screen, release all buttons and the ROM image from your SD card should be listed on the screen

Step 5) Press the Center Button (this is what is referred to as the "Action Button" or "Action Key") on the D-Pad (front directional pad on your Axim) TWICE QUICKLY

Step 6) Sit back and wait for your device to flash with the ROM
I have an Axim X50v and wanted to attempt this. I have a 2gb SD card and reader to which I transferred the four files included when extracting the file under 'http://rapidshare.com/files/31540024...E_lite.nb0.zip <-----------i recommend this one'

When that didn't work I dl/used 'Roms (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release'
A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWE

In both cases I pressed/held wifi and power buttons and then tapped reset. (Very difficult if you are not an octopus, btw!) the white screen comes up stating 'SD Image Loader A00' in the blue banner with nothing else listed. I released the wifi/power buttons and get the following message:

Small white window with black banner stating 'Update failed' then below that 'Image update failed. ed. Please try it again!' At this point I have to remove the battery to turn it off and try again.

Any help...please?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 PM

bobtannica is on a distinguished road
Default hello

Hi there. I am seeking a hand with this upgrade as I referenced above. Please anyone who can help me with it please jump right in. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Dekadans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctny View Post
1/18/2010, installed the (5CFA) version of the WM6.5 ROM w/o any problem. The OS is surprisingly responsive, much faster than WM6.1. The interface is kind of finger-navigation like the way IPOD photo-flipping works. A bit different than the standard windows look-and-feel. (Is this the default WM6.5 or tweaked by author, anyone knows?) Installed TomTom with a Bluetooth GPS, works great!

Thanks!
Can somebody share (5574) version of WM6.5
All links are dead =(((
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Site Owner & Operator
Cell Phone Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Smartphone: HTC Apache, HTC Titan/Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro2. HTC Incredible, HTC ReZound
Pocket PC(s): Axim X50 (QVGA), X50v (VGA), X51v (VGA), and iPaq 4705 (VGA)

LennySh has disabled reputation
Facebook Profile MySpace Profile Twitter Profile
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by betatest View Post
All links are dead can they be fixed.
Thanks.
This ROM isn't mine, and the links are dead. I've tried to find the files elsewhere and upload them here, but I can't find them. If anybody would like to re-upload them elsewhere, I'll gladly host them here so that they will always remain live.

Chat Rooms:
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
XDA-Devs: Java or IRC Client